November 25th 2020 was the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, also known as White Ribbon Day. From that day, until Human Rights Day on 10th December, it was the 16 Days of Action.
The theme this year focused on ending gender-based violence in the workplace. Companies can do more to support their employees who are experiencing domestic violence and give staff the training they need to spot the signs.
That’s why, throughout the 16 Days of Action, we took this conversation online, releasing a new blog for each of the 16 days.
Please check them out below and spread the word to help us end violence against women.
BWP’s blogs for 16 Days of Action 2020
- What is domestic abuse and how does it impact the workplace?
- How domestic abuse effects children
- How to make your workplace a safe space for employees
- Mental health and domestic abuse
- Depression and domestic abuse in the workplace
- Older women suffer domestic abuse too
- Coercive behaviour and how to escape it
- The chilling truth behind stalking and why we should all be aware of it
- What is a bystander and how can you help someone suffering abuse?
- How to spot a perpetrator
- What does financial abuse look like?
- Getting your company to understand why domestic abuse affects business
- How reading and writing can help survivors of domestic abuse move forward
- LGBT+ and domestic abuse
- Men who endure violence
- Supporting victims of honour-based abuse and forced marriage
Remember if you are experiencing domestic abuse or are affected by past domestic abuse, we are here to help you. You can contact us on email@example.com or call our support line on 01773 719111.