Supporting victims of honour-based abuse and forced marriage
Karma Nirvana is an award-winning National charity supporting victims of honour-based abuse and forced marriage. Honour crimes are not determined by age, faith, gender or sexuality, and Karma Nirvana support and work with all victims.
- Are you being pressured to get married against your will?
- Do you fear to bring shame or dishonour on your family?
- Have you been emotionally or physically abused?
- Are you confused about what they say scripture demands of you?
- Are you being told to get married because of your religion?
- Do you worry about being disowned?
If you have suffered emotionally or physically, have been disowned or are thinking of leaving home, there is help. If you are LGBTQI and fear the consequences of coming out, Karma Nirvana will stand by you.
Perhaps you have been living in a forced marriage for years and would just like to talk, Karma Nirvana will listen and we can help you too.
For over 25 years Karma Nirvana has helped thousands of men and women across the UK. The charity does not discriminate between age, gender, sexuality, faith or no faith.
You can call Karma Nirvana on 0800 5999 247. Lines are open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Abusive fathers will use their children in a variety of different ways to perpetuate domestic abuse. Using children is highly effective as a way of exerting power and control over their intimate partners or former partners.
Twitter updatesView the Twitter Feed