Support for Businesses
There are many ways an organisation can address domestic abuse. No matter the size or nature of your business or organisation it is vital you are prepared to support your employees with issues surrounding domestic abuse.
Considering this not only displays good corporate social responsibility, which sits well within your Wellbeing Strategy, it also makes good business sense.
Why does your business need our service?
Our aim is to support any individual in the business community who wants our help.
All employees can be affected by domestic abuse at any time. It can affect their work performance and frequently leads to time off work.
This has a direct impact on your business. With 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men experiencing domestic abuse in their adult lives you will have employees that require support.
The cost of domestic abuse to businesses is estimated at £1.9 billion a year due to decreased productivity, time off work, lost wages, and sick pay.
Only 5% of businesses have a specific policy or guidelines in place.
What can we do for your business?
Broxtowe Women’s Project (BWP) is here to support you develop a business case for producing a Domestic Abuse Policy, as well as designing and implementing the policy.
We can help in various ways including:
- Developing a bespoke support package based on the needs of your business
- Providing awareness sessions to better equip your business to support those affected by domestic abuse
- Providing resources for your employees to have access to relevant support agencies both locally and nationally
- Advising you on policy and procedure to support your employees
- Being available for you to contact us for confidential support, information, or signposting
BWP can also assist your organisation in achieving quality standards too, including:
For more information or to discuss your organisations needs, please contact our Partnership Officer, Chris Harris, by emailing email@example.com.
A group of Nottingham women who came together while receiving support for their experience of domestic abuse from us have raised hundreds of pounds by completing more than 1,000 miles in a fundraising challenge.
Twitter updatesView the Twitter Feed