Volunteer with us
As a small local charity we rely on volunteers to continue to support domestic abuse survivors in Broxtowe. There are lots of ways to get involved, from fundraising, sharing your skills, becoming a Trustee or sparing your time to help deliver support.
As well as making a huge different to the community, volunteering can be an extremely rewarding experience. The examples on this page outline how you can get involved, but we’d love to hear from so we can discuss how you can make a difference.
Join our dedicated team of volunteers who give their time and skills to help us make a difference to women and families affected by domestic abuse.
- Make a real difference to the lives of women and children
- Gain work experience and enhance your CV
- Meet people and make friends
- Get more involved in the community
- Put spare time or retirement to good use
- Give back to an organisation that has supported you
To ensure volunteers have a rewarding and enjoyable experience, we provide:
- A variety of roles
- Induction and volunteer handbook
- Volunteer group meetings
- Invitations to social and other events
Could you be a volunteer?
We are committed to involving volunteers with diverse experiences and needs. We’d love to hear from you, please speak with the Volunteer Coordinator to find out how you can get involved by calling 01773 718555 or emailing email@example.com
Fundraise on our behalf
Fundraising events are a great way to raise money for the Broxtowe Women’s Project and a fun way to support our work. You can take part in one of our organised events, plan your own fundraiser or take part in a sponsored activity to support us.
We are pleased to be able to finally share with you our new fundraising pack. The Pack contains useful information for you to organise an afternoon tea event on behalf of Broxtowe Wowen’s Project. Money raised from these events will go directly into support services for women and children affected by domestic abuse. If you have any questions or needs some support please contact the fundraising team who will help you through the process.
Make a donation
There are a number of ways you can support our work and help to make a real difference to women and children suffering from domestic abuse. All donations, no matter how small, are gratefully received.
- Give £15 and provide a woman with one hour’s phone support. This could be her first time of telling anyone about the abuse and could be the beginning of a journey where she can become free from fear.
- Give £45 and provide a woman with two hours of outreach support. Meeting her in a safe and confidential venue and working alongside her to establish her needs and options. This may be her only opportunity to be listened to and taken seriously.
- Give £65 and assist a woman in crisis into refuge. This can take several hours of liaising with various agencies and lots of support, encouragement and reassurance, especially if there are children involved. This could be a woman’s next step to freedom.
Give through Amazon Smile and Savoo
Thanks to a charity scheme run by Amazon, Amazon Smile, you can make a donation to Broxtowe Women’s Project while shopping online, with very little effort and at no extra cost. Every penny will help us deliver quality services to women and children of Broxtowe suffering from domestic abuse.
You can also show your support for Broxtowe Women’s Project when you use Savoo Search, Save and Raise as your online shopping platform. Your efforts cost you nothing because Savoo donates on your behalf. Visit the Savoo website for more information.
Unfortunately the BWP head quarters are only small, so we have to be quite selective when it comes to accepting donations.
At this time we can no longer accept any second hand or electrical items, but thank you again to everyone who has thought of us.
Become a Trustee
We are always looking for Trustees to join our team. If you have the knowledge and understanding to provide direction, maintain an oversight of activities at a strategic level and can contribute well informed views, constructive challenge and a commitment to best practice, we’d love to hear from you.
Contact the Volunteer Co-ordinator on 01773 718555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.