We are recruiting……………
We are recruiting new trustees to our Board
We are a small charity that ensures those affected by domestic abuse are empowered to be safe and in control of their own lives.
• An outreach service that includes a helpline, casework, befriending, counselling and a free legal surgery to women.
• A children’s service providing a safe space and specialised counselling and therapy.
• Awareness raising and campaigning including training to local organisations.
Broxtowe Women’s Project ensure those affected by domestic abuse are empowered to be safe and in control of their own lives.
We are looking for new trustees with passion to serve those affected by domestic abuse and who have skills and experience in one or more of these areas:
• Charity Finance including financial planning and budgeting, and year-end accounts.
• Fundraising from trusts and foundations.
• Income generation including the development of training based social enterprises.
Whether you are an experienced trustee or wanting to take your first step at board level, we want to hear from you.
As a trustee you will:
• Have an induction, training and reimbursable expenses
• Contribute to positively changing the lives of those affected by domestic violence.
• Have opportunities to develop new skills and to network with professionals
The expected time commitment is a monthly board meeting, which usually take place in the north of Broxtowe. As well as preparing for the board meetings, trustees are asked to serve on a committee or ad-hoc Working Groups and may be called upon for specific advice in their areas of expertise.
For more information about the role of a trustee, visit the Charity Commission’s website here. For more information about our charity, get in touch via email@example.com
Deadline for expressing interest: 1st April 2020